Here at Cycling Sports Group, we want our employees to thrive in a creative, hardworking and personally rewarding environment.
For this to happen, we are constantly looking for brilliant people to join our team so they can achieve as much as they possibly can and then reward them for doing so.
Global Marketing Manager Parts & Accessories
Cycling Sports Group is the IBD division of Dorel Sports. We have a brand portfolio that includes Cannondale, GT and Fabric. CSG has a fast growing P&A business and is looking to recruit a Global Marketing Manager.
This position is for a passionate bicycle evangelist who is eager to work with a dynamic team and grow the new, exciting and embryonic P+A business globally. In this role, your communications and goals will be about building the brand awareness for Fabric and also highlighting the new products that GT and Cannondale will be bringing to the market in 2016 and beyond. You will collaborate with our small group and build a holistic brand strategy to serve and connect with mainstream and enthusiast consumers, but also assist distributors and subsidiaries globally.
You are the eyes and ears of our P+A group and will gather and present market research to the product teams to inform them of product line and communication strategies, you will develop this information into a Global Marketing Strategy that is also targeted towards specific categories and markets. With a direct tie to both the P&A team and our bicycle marketing organizations, you will build positive working relationships with product managers, engineers, marketers, and global sales teams.
To thrive in this position, you must be an innovative communicator, be passionate about all types of cycling and have acute insights to the modern rider, have a collaborative nature, and remain totally engaged in a fluid and diverse working environment. Technical product knowledge is mandatory and the ability to simplify and convey complex technical feature/benefits is essential. You must be able to identify trends and rider needs and communicate them back into the P+A group.
• Lead and organise global product launch events, market research and press events, etc.
• Create and maintain target rider and athlete profiles and possess the ability to create and maintain relationships with influential riders, external brand teams, dealers, customers, athletes
• Identify key riders for product testing feedback
• Assist in the development of messaging to riders; manage marketing collateral content and tone
• Assist in developing and delivering product presentations
• Drive communication and collaboration across teams – product development, global marketing, and retail services including POP
• Research and communicate product positioning
• Travel UK domestic & international
Skills and Experience required:
• Intimate knowledge of the current cycling market, community, and trends
• Two+ years of experience working in the bicycle industry preferred
• Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
• Design knowledge and skills a strong plus
• Excellent organization, attention to detail and follow-through skills
• Strong social skills a must
How do I apply?
We ask everyone to write us a letter to send in along with their full CV.
Please keep the letter to one page only. It should be fairly brief and cover the following:
Some of your reasons for wanting to work at CSG and the position in question – why is this job, and CSG right for you?
Is there anything that you are passionate about?
Please also provide info on any hobbies or sports that you are involved in.