Heading into 2016 UCI World Championships, here is a quick update on Cannondale Drapac Pro Cycling Team.
The final World Tour races of the season provided plenty of action, a handful of podiums and top results, moving the team up in the UCI ranking, now sitting 8th out of 18 World Tour Teams.
- Rigoberto Uran rode in the breakaway capturing 3rd in the final Monument of the season
- Davide Villella rode a fantastic race in support of the team leader finishing 5th
Vuelta a España:
- Andrew Talansky rode a strong Vuelta to finish 5th on the overall GC
- Davide Formolo rode his second Grand Tour of his young career finishing 9th overall on GC
Tour of Britain:
- Jack Bauer won stage 5! Article on cyclingweekly.co.uk
- Alberto came into the Cannondale team as a promising young rider at the tender age of 19 and realised his promise this year with some major results:
– 3rd on GC at the Tour of Poland World Tour race
– 7th at the GP of Ontreal
– 4th at the GP of Quebec
- Alberto now sits as one of the top 20 ranked riders in the World Tour
Preparing for 2017, exciting roster additions to the team creates a truly exciting threat in the Classic and adds a potentioally lightening-fast start to Tour de France.
- Sep VanMarcke – A belgium Classics specialist who will line-up to win at Tour Flanders, Paris-Roubaix and any of the Northern Belgium Classics.
- Taylor Phinney – An American cycling prodify, Taylor will be part of the triple threat for the Classics with Sep VanMarcke and Dylan van Baarle. Taylor also has serious chops as a TT specialist and will target the Prologue Individual Time trial at the 2017 Tour de France.
- Hugh Carthy – A young British rider set to support Rigoberto Uran at the Giro after winning the best young rider at the 2016 Volta a Catalunya and finishing 9th overall on GC in the hardest one-week stage race on the calendar.
- Neilson Powless – 20 year old American aqnd winner of the Joe Martin stage race, stage 7 at the Tour de L’Avenir, ITT at Tour de Beauce and best young rider and 9th overall at the Tour of California all in 2016.
Thats a wrap!
Words: Jonathan Geran
Follow Cannondale Pro Cycling on Twitter: @Ride_Argyle